ITP Study Information for Parents, Patients and GPs
Please select an option below to download a document, these are either in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats:
What is ITP?
This leaflet explains about immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), which is a blood disorder affecting the platelets. It also explains what to expect when your child is diagnosed with the condition.
Download the document in Acrobat (pdf) or Work (doc) format
the UK Paediatric ITP working party are required to obtain parental/patient consent to include the patient in the registry
Download the parent/patient consent form
Download the patient re-consent form
Information for Patients
These documents cover the following questions you might have and are organised by age group:
This document covers the following questions you may have as a parent regarding the registry:
- Q - What is the purpose of the registry?
- Q - Why has my child been chosen?
- Q - Does my child have to take part?
- Q - What do I have to do?
- Q - What will happen if my child takes part?
- Q - Are there any disadvantages or risks involved in my child’s participation in the project?
- Q - What are the possible benefits of taking part?
- Q - Will my child’s participation in this study be kept confidential?
- Q - What will happen to the results of the study?
- Q - Who is organising and funding the research?
- Read the full Information for Parents document
For further information regarding ITP, please read 'What is ITP?' Information for parents, in Acrobat (pdf) or Work (doc) format